30 THINGS I WANT TO TEACH MY SON
“It’s not what you do for your children, but what you teach them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” ~ Ann Landers
- Use your head but speak from your heart.
- Make time for your family.
- Don’t play with other people’s feelings.
- Be kind to animals.
- Be humble.
- Learn to dance.
- There’s something to be learned from everyone you meet.
- Take care of your body.
- Life is too short to be unhappy.
- Stand up for the little guy.
- Be the person people can trust.
- Never drink and drive.
- Do what you love.
- Ask your future wife’s fathers permission before you propose to her.
- Table manners are here for a reason. Use them.
- Learn to cook.
- Being a gentleman will never go out of fashion.
- Be kind to everyone you meet.
- Don’t make a big decision in the heat of the moment.
- Tell the truth.
- Stand up for what you believe in.
- Always think twice before you hit “send” on your cell phone, iPad, tablet, or computer.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Pain has a beginning, middle, and an end. Remember this when you are hurt.
- You’re not the centre of the world. Yes, you are the centre of MY world, but not everyone’s. Don’t be selfish. And don’t act entitled.
- Don’t be late. Value both yours as well as another individual’s time and energy.
- Don’t be the loudest guy in the room.
- Greet people with a firm handshake.
- The best things in life aren’t always free, but they are definitely better when shared.
- Always be thankful for the place you’re at in life. Embrace the chaos that comes with each new moment and milestone. You’ve got this little man!
Author | Blogger | Mama x1
Candice is wife to Mark & Mother to Hudson. She has a Motherhood Lifestyle Blog dedicated to the daily joys that is life with a baby and our ongoing love of travel. She was a Restaurant Manager and then a Real Estate Agent – but wanted to see the world… She took an opportunity to work in the Mediterranean one summer, and became hooked! Candice met my husband working on a cruise ship, where she spent the past 10 years sailing around the Globe. Once their darling boy Hudson was born, they traded sea legs and suitcases for strollers and SUV’s!